PhoenixiTek is growing fast and is looking to hire an IT/OPS administrator. Are you driven, smart and results focused? Do you thrive in an open, collaborative, team environment? If so, then PhoenixiTek is the place for you. PhoenixiTek is a leader in Hosted Enviroments and is looking for a System Administrator. Our advanced technologies run event driven, mission critical business processes by combining Security Workflow, Business Process Automation, Document Management and Digital Signatures, processes are smoothly integrated, digitally documented and automated to accelerate efficiencies.
- Propose customer solutions.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of Phoenix iTek’s services and pricing structure.
- Utilize the company’s Customer Resource Management system (CRM) on a daily basis, scheduling and documenting activities, and developing prospective customer profiles.
- The SA is responsible for provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Deploy and support applications into multiple environments working with development resources
- Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, smart phones, software deployment, security updates and patches. Configure/add new services as necessary
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc… in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required
- Maintain network and system security. Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services
- Troubleshoot problems reported by users. Investigate and troubleshoot issues providing support for individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers
- Maintain UNIX based web server systems. Will be working with CentOS and other UNIX environments over sftp.
- Maintain virtual private servers (VPS) running different editions of Windows Server and manage their roles and features.
- Install required Windows Server components, manage Active Directory, and securely handle Remote Desktop administration based on what the client requires.
- CMS systems such as WordPress, Drupal, or Joomla!, and be able to help diagnose and troubleshoot issues. As well as MySQL, Apache, nginx and PHP.
- Responsible for installation, monitoring and maintaining servers in a hosted server environment.
- Works under minimal supervision; performs additional duties as assigned.
- Works well with other system administrators to achieve timely and effiecent resolutions to issues.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Must have positive interpersonal communication abilities in a help desk environment
- Maintain relationships with cross functional sourcing teams
- Strong work ethic; exhibits a “sense of urgency” relative to resolving critical issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; strong listening skills
- A problem solver who takes responsibility, demonstrates personal integrity, and is able to effectively deal with difficult and/or ambiguous situations
- Familiar with AWS, SQL Microsoft Office, Windows, Linux, RedGate, Mikrotik Routers, Sophos UTM and Sophos AV beneficial but not required
- Must present and communicate in a professional manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be organized with good time management skills.
- Possess proven analytical/problem solving solutions for the customer and the company.
- Computer proficiency in Windows and Microsoft applications.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.